Monday 30 August 2010

Played the recent Eurotour in Finland. Was in a lovely hotel within a shopping centre 5 mins away from Helsinki Airport. The tables were set up over 3 different floors as the tournament progressed with lots of Finnish shoppers taking an interest in the event. The tournament setup was different but refreshing with a good contingent of Finnish players participating.
I had a pretty tough draw to qualify on paper playing my buddy Raj  Hundal first match and then playing Artem Koshovoy the no1 ranked player in Ukraine to play a good Austrian player to qualify for the last 32. Anyway I played pretty good and won 8-4, 8-7 and 8-3 to qualify for the knockout last 32 stage where I drew David alcaide from Spain who beat me 8-5. Have seen alot easier draws than that in my time. So in the end I finished 17th. Alot of people might say thats good but according to my standards was a below par performance.
Am not one for excuses but I cant beat my self up because I have a bad shoulder where I injured myself in the gym two days before the event because I didnt stretch before working out. During my matches I was wearing a heat patch on my shoulder and was'nt quite comfortable when down on some shots. Looking forward to the next Euro tour which is in Portugal by the beach in Albufera. Until then will be practicsing hard and doing some Physio work on the shoulder.

Am going to West End now with wifey for some lunch in Leicester Square and then to watch Avatar in 3D.

The Royal Carriage awaits.............gotta go!